Your email is used by Lookout to search a database containing information about all reported data breaches. Since most organizations collect your email as part of the registration process, your email is used to associate you with any specific breach.
Articles in this section
- What is ID scan?
- What is Identity Protection?
- What is a data breach?
- What should I do if my email has been involved in a data breach?
- Are the emails I input kept safe?
- If my email wasn’t involved in a data breach, is my data vulnerable?
- Can I use ID Scan with any email address or only the one that’s registered with Lookout?
- Why do I need to provide my email address?
- Why is ID Scan returning an error when I scan using my email address?
- What is ID Scan?