We want to send your Theft Alert email as soon as possible to let you know what has happened to your device right away. Sometimes this means that we don't capture a photo or the location of your device in time before the email is sent. You can always log into Lookout.com to locate your device, even if you don't receive a location in the Theft Alert email, but the camera will not be triggered until another Theft Alerts event occurs.
Articles in this section
- How can I contact my carrier if my phone is stolen?
- How do I test Theft Alerts?
- How do I choose which Theft Alerts I want to receive on Android?
- What is Theft Alerts?
- Why don't iOS users get photos in their Theft Alerts emails?
- Why didn't I get a photo or location in my Theft Alert email?
- Why am I not getting Theft Alert emails?