If the Locate feature is not working properly on your Kindle, there are several things you can try.
Check to see if the "Location-Based Services" setting is enabled.
- Pull down the Status bar from the top of the screen.
- Select "More"
- Select "Location-Based Services"
- Select "On"
Sometimes Lookout may lose connection to your device if you have not used the Kindle for several days, as the data connection is lost when the screen is off. To reconnect the Kindle to Lookout, please follow these instructions.
- Open the Lookout app on the Kindle.
- Select "Menu." (This is the icon with three horizontal lines between the "Return" arrow and the "Magnifying Glass" icon.)
- Select "Account." This will reconnect the Kindle with Lookout.
Note1: The screen must be on in order for the location service to run, as the Kindle disables the data connection when it is off. Amazon does not allow adjustments to this setting.
Note2: For information about location accuracy, please click here.