There are a few key differences between Lookout for iOS and Apple’s Find My iPhone product.
- Find my iPhone is focused on helping the user find a lost device. Lookout is a comprehensive security product that not only helps you find your lost device, but also protects you against data loss and security threats.
- Lookout will help you locate your device on a map and make it sound a loud alarm. It will also back up your contacts and warn you if your apps are running malicious processes.
- Lookout's app includes Signal Flare—a lost-device feature that saves your location when your battery charge gets below 10 percent. If you should lose your device when the battery is low, you can log into www.lookout.com, see where it was last, and have a fighting chance of getting it back. Apple’s Find My iPhone does not have this feature.
- Lookout has products for iOS, Kindle and Android devices. If you have any combination of these devices you can use one Lookout account to secure, back up, and track them in one place. Apple’s Find My iPhone only supports iOS devices.
- Lookout offers direct contact with a responsive support team, answering and responding to issues quickly, usually within 24 hours. Apple’s support relies on forums and a knowledge base, not person-to-person interactions.