Sometimes there are issues with the Play store that prevent apps from updating properly.
From your device's Home screen:
- Go to Settings > Application manager or Apps and find Google Play Store
- Select 'Storage' then select 'Clear Cache'
- Select 'Clear data'
- Press your home button and go to Lookout in the Play Store app
- Select 'Update'
The Lookout update should start.
If those steps fail to reset the Play Store, then you will need to clear more settings. Please carefully follow the directions below:
- Go to Settings > Application manager or Apps > Google Play Services
- Tap 'Storage' then 'Clear cache'
- Go back and choose 'Force Stop' on the previous screen
- Go back to Settings>Application manager or Apps>Google Play Store
- Tap 'Storage' then tap 'Clear Cache'
- Go back and choose 'Force Stop'
- Turn the phone off and back on (This is important!)
Open up the Play Store again, and you should be able to download Lookout or update the application. If your download problem remains, please contact your carrier or Google, as this is a Google Play issue.