Lookout's Incorrect Password feature for Theft Alerts takes a photo through Android's lock screen. Also for Android 6.0+, Lookout will enable the screen lock if you did not previously have it enabled.
If you do not want to use the Android lock screen, please disable it through the Lock Screen settings of the device. This is an Android setting and not a Lookout one.
Step 1: From your home screen, click the Menu button, then click Settings.
Step 2: Scroll down until you see the option Security (Location & Security for Android 5.0 and earlier) ; click it.
Step 3: Scroll down and under the heading Screen Unlock, select Set Up Screen Lock.
Step 4: Select which type of password you would like to use:
- None - Disables any previously set screen unlock security.
- Swipe - Swipe to disable screen lock
- Pattern - Sets an unlock screen which requires the user to draw a specific pattern between 9 on-screen points.
- PIN - Sets an unlock screen requiring the user to enter a numeric code.
- Password - Sets an unlock screen that requires entering an alphanumeric password (numbers, letters, and symbols).
Step 5: For each option you will be asked to enter your Pattern/Pin/Password twice in order to verify the setting.
Settings may vary depending on your device.
For step by step guide with screenshots: