Lookout's Incorrect Password feature for Theft Alerts uses a lock screen to email you if somebody may be trying to physically access your device. Lookout will enable the screen lock if you did not previously have it enabled.
If you do not want to use the Android lock screen, please disable it through the Lock Screen settings of the device. This is an Android setting and not a Lookout one.
Step 1: Open your Android Settings app.
Step 2: Find either Lock Screen or Security
Step 3: Tap Screen Lock Type
Step 4: Enter your current Lock Screen password, then select which type of password you would like to use:
- None - Disables any previously set screen unlock security.
- Swipe - Swipe to disable screen lock
- Pattern - Sets an unlock screen which requires the user to draw a specific pattern between 9 on-screen points.
- PIN - Sets an unlock screen requiring the user to enter a numeric code.
- Password - Sets an unlock screen that requires entering an alphanumeric password (numbers, letters, and symbols).
- Biometric - Uses Facial recognition or Fingerprint.
NOTE: Settings may vary depending on your device.