Breaches most commonly happen through a cyber hack. Cyber criminals, typically aiming to profit off of stolen credentials, either hack into a user’s account with a login and password, trick a user into downloading malicious software, or otherwise gain access to a company or consumer’s internal data. Other causes of breaches include insider theft, accidental exposure, third party breach, or employee negligence.
Articles in this section
- How do I upgrade to Premium Plus on iOS?
- How will I know Identity Protection is available for my device?
- What is breach report?
- How do I delete my personal information I've provided for Identity Protection?
- What personal information is generally taken when a breach occurs?
- What is a breach?
- I’m not sure what was in my wallet. Can you notify my banks and cancel all of my cards?
- How do breaches happen?
- Where does Lookout store my personal information?
- If personal information is taken in a breach, will it be used for identity theft?