Old personal records should always be shredded before being thrown away. If personal files are thrown out without being shredded, it is possible that an identity thief could steal them from the trash. If your records are stored, is it with a secure document facility? Many businesses use a pick-up shredding service to dispose of old documents. Ask how long your records will be kept before they are deleted or destroyed. Companies know that privacy concerns are important to their customers. Data theft is common at universities, medical offices, financial institutions, and other businesses that keep records about you.
Articles in this section
- How do I upgrade to Premium Plus on iOS?
- How will I know Identity Protection is available for my device?
- How much does Premium Plus cost?
- What is breach report?
- Why is Identity Protection not available for my device?
- Why does Identity Protection (also known as Premium Plus) cost so much more than regular Lookout Premium?
- How do I delete my personal information I've provided for Identity Protection?
- What personal information is generally taken when a breach occurs?
- What is a breach?
- I’m not sure what was in my wallet. Can you notify my banks and cancel all of my cards?