If you believe that someone has gained access to your password-protected Lookout account, we advise the following options.
Please use the option(s) that work best for your situation. Instructions for each option follow.
- Cancel your Lookout account and initiate a new one.(Safest)
- Change the password to your Lookout account.
- Change the email address associated with your Lookout account.
Note for Option #1: Data cannot be merged from one account to another; if you close your Lookout account its data will no longer be accessible to you. If your current Lookout account is a Premium account, we can help you transfer the remaining balance to a new Lookout Premium account. To do this, please submit a tech support ticket using the support request form at the bottom of this article.
Account Cancelation Instructions
For security reasons we recommend that you cancel and re-initiate your account.
From a computer:
- Log into www.lookout.com
- Click on thegear at the top right of the page and choose Settings
- Click thebutton
On a mobile device:
- Log into www.lookout.com
- Tap the menubutton at the top left
- Choose Settings
- Choose thebutton
Please proceed to "Creating a New Lookout Account" below.
Creating a New Lookout Account
- Go to Android Settings and search for 'Device Admin apps'. This is often in Security or Biometrics and Security.
- If Lookout is shown here, flip the switch to disable the apps Device Admin rights.
- Reset the Lookout app by going into Android Settings > Apps > Lookout.
- Under 'Storage' choose 'Clear cache' then 'Clear Data'. This will return the Lookout app to a state in which you can log in again.
- Open the Lookout app and log in. Since the account was already deleted, you can use the same email address. This will create a new Lookout account.
Password Reset Instructions
Select the "Log in" button at www.lookout.com then choose "Forgot Password"
You will be asked to enter your email address registered with your Lookout account.
Within minutes you should receive your password reset email. Click the link in the email to reset your password, follow the instructions, and then log in again at https://my.lookout.com/user/login. That's all there is to it. Please use a strong password—something containing both upper- and lower-case letters, along with numbers and symbols. You can use this guide to help you craft one.
Note: If you cannot view the link to change your password in the email Lookout sends, or the link does not work, or you get an error message (e.g. "page has timed out"), please try using a different browser. If you are using the browser on your phone, please try a browser on your PC.
Email Address Change Instructions
Log in with your existing email address and change it on the Settings page.